Alantina-Algarve Rentals
Text or Phone: +44 (0)7957969219
Text or Phone: +351 934187180
or click on the button below
email me
Info on our company and service
  • Company registered in the UK “Alantina-Algarve Rentals Ltd” Registered at company's house, registration number 07218657
  • All properties advertisd are privately owned, therefore not tied to the company’s liabilities.
  • All properties advertised comply with the Portuguese rental licensing laws “Alojament local” thus providing conformity to local fire and safety regulations.
  • Properties are fully managed therefore help is always on hand in case of any unexpected property or customer issues.
  • All properties are fully equipped and prices quoted are inclusive of gas, electricity, water, air conditioning (where applicable) access to complex leisure facilities and linen / towels. (Except beach towels).
Payments and discounts:
  • Payments can be made to the owners direct by bank transfers or cheque subject to owners accepted currency.
  • Pay through Alantina-Algarve Rentals Ltd to minimise bank charges and currency exchange rates, by bank transfer, cheque, debit or credit card in sterling or euro’s.
  • Property can be reserved with a minimum deposit of £100 or €120 or 25% whichever is the greater amount.
  • Or a 50% deposit and the remaining balance paid in cash on arrival in sterling or Euros.
  • Late bookings i.e. less than 2 weeks before arrival can be paid for in cash on arrival.
  • Bookings confirmed with a 25% or minimum of £100 / €120 remaining balance payable 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Payments can be made securely by credit card, debit card or Paypal ask for details
Tax rules on holiday lets – an overview
When you buy a holiday let it’s easy to get caught up in the excitement and overlook that you have responsibilities to pay tax on rental income (both in the country in which the income is earned and the one in which you are domiciled). Whilst it can seem overwhelming, there is a wealth of information available and it is more straightforward than it appears.

Sadly, it isn’t the case that if you aren’t making a profit you don’t need to tell the taxman. If you own a holiday let, either in this country or overseas, then you need to declare income from this to HMRC, irrespective of whether you are making a profit. As well as being a legal obligation, it can even work in your interests to tell him as you will see below!

The following information applies to people who are UK resident or classed as resident for that tax year.

Rental income

If you live and pay tax in the UK you must declare rental income from any property lettings to HMRC, irrespective of whether the property makes a profit.

If the property is outside the UK, then you must declare this on the foreign pages of your tax return. If you also pay foreign tax on the income, you can usually get credit for this against the UK tax you have to pay on it. See below for more information.
Furnished holiday lets

If you let a property out, that is either in the UK or European Economic Area for short periods, i.e. less than 31 days, and you achieve HMRC’s criteria, then it may be eligible for certain tax advantages as a Furnished Holiday Let (FHL). Whilst the eligibility criteria is set to change from 6 April 2012, the main criteria is currently that it is available to let for 140 days and actually rented out for 70 days at market rates, comprising short stays of less than 31 days. How a property qualifies for FHLs.
The main advantage is that losses from a furnished holiday let can be offset against other taxable income, e.g. from your business or employment. This only applies for the tax years 2009/10 and 1011 and has been withdrawn as a benefit from 6 April 2011.

If your property doesn’t qualify as an FHL

If your property doesn't qualify as a furnished holiday let, you will be taxed under the residential property lettings rules, whether the property is in the UK or overseas. Income tax is then payable on the net profits, having deducted allowable expenses from the income.

If, however, you own more than one property in the UK or more than one property overseas and they do not qualify as an FHL then they can be grouped together for tax purposes. Losses from one property can be offset against profits from another, with tax due on the overall profit.

Properties in the UK are treated separately from properties that are overseas and the two cannot be grouped together for tax purposes. So if your overseas property trades at a loss this cannot be deducted from the profits of a UK rental property.

Other services
  • All properties are provided with linen & towel changes every 7 days on stays or more
  • Cleaning or extra linen changes can be provided.
  • On arrival clients are met at the property, familiarised with the property, appliances and surrounding area such as recommended restaurants, cafes, bars, shops and activities.
  • On departure keys may be collected or left at the property.
  • Welcome packs can be provided for all arrival times to the client’s requirements (subject to product availability)
  • Private air conditioned minibus return airport transfers from Faro direct to the property for your family / group can be pre booked direct with the recommended company.
  • Extra portable beds, cots, cot linen and high chairs can be provide for a small surcharge on some properties these are included in the rental.